When it comes to creating professional financial website videos, most of us don’t really know what needs to be done. That is why it is best to hire a video marketing expert to ensure that your video is well-produced and geared to increase traffic for your financial advisor website.
Posting a meaningful video on your financial website helps to boost the visibility of your firm, but unless there is a strong call to action in the video, it is not worth the effort. Clarify for yourself whatever action you want your website visitors to take, and then communicate it precisely. A common theory is that pushing customers too much will drive them away from your financial website. However, there is nothing wrong in presenting solutions to your potential customers’ problems in the form of products and services you offer on your website.
Call to Action Examples:
- Sign up for our free tele-seminar on this financial planner website NOW!
- Click to visit XX and sign up for more information about our financial organization.
- For a free consultation by our financial firm, fill out the form below.
- Apply for our special financial program. Enter your information below.
- Click the “Buy Now” button on this financial professional website page!
- For further information, watch a second video on our website for now.
- Take the next step!
Call to Action Logistics
The logistics of your call to action in your video vary with the type and location of the video, and with the rules of the site where the website is hosted. Here are some examples:
Text on Video–Tell the viewers of your video what action you want them to take by adding text across the screen in the form of a text message.
Mention in Video–Provide your call to action within the video and tell them what to do next.
Clickable Video–Link your viewers to the desired page of your financial advisor website when they click on the video. It can be done with software and video tools.
Video Descriptions–Try including a call to action for your financial website video within the video description. You need to follow the rules of the hosting site as they outline how you can link your financial website and how promotional your website videos can be.
One last word: The “next step” you want visitors to take should come to them naturally and subtly, so you need to make sure that your video’s call to action meets the needs of your target audience in the best way possible.
Video marketing on your financial webpage will benefit your financial organization because it is such a popular way to reach your target audience. It takes time and effort to shoot, edit, and upload videos on your financial planner website, but the result will be worth it. Once you have a video created, the firm doing the webdesign for your financial planner website can readily integrate the video on the site.
If visitors get confused when they look at your site, then the web design for your financial planner website has failed to achieve what was intended. The bottom line is that you have to drive traffic to your financial advisor website and convert that traffic into clients.
Answering questions about your financial services can help to frame the appropriate content for the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page of your financial advisor website. In addition, you can also write blog posts for your financial professional website to answer the questions of clients. Usually the answers on an FAQ page are short and succinct; in a blog post, one expects to read meatier, more in-depth answers. In posts—in fact in all content on your financial advisor website—try to use relevant keywords that pertain to your website.
Below are ideas for what to include on your FAQ page:
The ABOUT or ABOUT US page on a financial advisor website is one of the first pages that potential clients read. That page introduces you and your business. It’s crucial you take time to make it informative, satisfying to a reader, and professional.
Before sitting down to write (or hiring someone to write) the ABOUT or ABOUT US section for your financial website, ask yourself the following questions to ensure that section reflects who you are as a company and how you can help your target audience.
- What is special or unique about your business that sets you apart from your competitors? Can you include an interesting sentence or two of how it was founded –this helps make your ABOUT page especially interesting and personal.
- What “pain points” or problems of your customers are you able to solve? Mention these. Let them know you feel their pain.
- Do you have a mission or values statement for your company? If so, include them in the ABOUT section.
- What tools or content do you offer on your website that can be helpful to current and potential customers? List them and be sure to include links to those pages on your ABOUT page.
- What makes you or your staff expert in advising clients on financial matters? Give a brief bio on the president and key staff members.
- How do you want potential clients to contact you? Be sure to include links to contact forms on your ABOUT page.
- Are you on social media? If so, be sure to include links to your corporate social media pages in this section toward the bottom of the page.
- What are some statistics that you can share about your company to put in this section? Think about ways you can quantify your past success and list that in this section.
Below are additional prompts to help you fill in your story line for your ABOUT page:
- After a client works with our financial organization, they typically feel ________________
- Some examples where we have helped clients and received excellent results are ____________________
- Some of the special services we provide that clients might not be aware include ____________________
- Some myths about working for a financial organization are ______________ and the truth is ____________
- We like to think that we are ______________________ when it comes to client service, value, etc.
- Other ways we bring extra value to our clients include ________________
If you own a financial advisor firm and want your business website to have a higher ranking in internet searches in your local area, there are some key things you can do to help you with that goal. Using the right strategies can increase the chances that your financial website will be the one potential clients find when they are looking for an advisor in the local area. Here are five tips:
1. Register your financial website with local business directories
- Talk to your local Chamber of Commerce regarding financial website listings; they sometimes provide opportunities that allow you to list your website link on their own website.
- Find the local online Yellow Pages and get your financial webpage listed. Be aware that there may be a small charge. Some examples include www.yellow.com (in Canada: www.yellow.ca) and www.superpages.com (in Canada: www.superpages.ca).
- Find local business directories for your financial website. It’s easy to search for them: just type your location and include the keyword “directory” in the search engine.
2. Use social networking sites to maintain your profile
Having corporate social media accounts can help you to promote your financial webpage and reach out to your audience on a more personal level. You will want to create accounts in LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, which are generally the most successful social media platforms for businesses.
3. Make your financial website easy to find online
As mentioned above, if you are successful, when people look online using relevant keywords, they should come across your financial website, which contains your business name and cities you operate in. Make sure your website incorporates your site’s key words on the top and bottom of each page of the website.
4. Consider using local search directories for your website. Some to look into include:
5. Register your financial website with professional and industry-related directories
You can list the name of your financial website in specialized directories. For example, if you are located in Vancouver, BC, Canada, search for and take at look at these directories:
Financial Advisor Canada Directory
Financial Planning Canada Directory
Financial Advisor BC Canada Directory
Insurance BC Canada Directory
Insurance Vancouver Directory
- When you have news related to your financial services—like a move, a new opening, a new product, a new strategy, and so forth—generate a press release and publicize it on your financial website. Submit your press release to public relations services which may be interested in your news. Here’s a list of services that may accept announcements from financial advisor websites:
Proper content is mandatory for your financial advisor website and inbound links help your site get better traffic. Review these suggestions for good ideas on content and links.