The ABOUT or ABOUT US page on a financial advisor website is one of the first pages that potential clients read. That page introduces you and your business. It’s crucial you take time to make it informative, satisfying to a reader, and professional.
Before sitting down to write (or hiring someone to write) the ABOUT or ABOUT US section for your financial website, ask yourself the following questions to ensure that section reflects who you are as a company and how you can help your target audience.
- What is special or unique about your business that sets you apart from your competitors? Can you include an interesting sentence or two of how it was founded –this helps make your ABOUT page especially interesting and personal.
- What “pain points” or problems of your customers are you able to solve? Mention these. Let them know you feel their pain.
- Do you have a mission or values statement for your company? If so, include them in the ABOUT section.
- What tools or content do you offer on your website that can be helpful to current and potential customers? List them and be sure to include links to those pages on your ABOUT page.
- What makes you or your staff expert in advising clients on financial matters? Give a brief bio on the president and key staff members.
- How do you want potential clients to contact you? Be sure to include links to contact forms on your ABOUT page.
- Are you on social media? If so, be sure to include links to your corporate social media pages in this section toward the bottom of the page.
- What are some statistics that you can share about your company to put in this section? Think about ways you can quantify your past success and list that in this section.
Below are additional prompts to help you fill in your story line for your ABOUT page:
- After a client works with our financial organization, they typically feel ________________
- Some examples where we have helped clients and received excellent results are ____________________
- Some of the special services we provide that clients might not be aware include ____________________
- Some myths about working for a financial organization are ______________ and the truth is ____________
- We like to think that we are ______________________ when it comes to client service, value, etc.
- Other ways we bring extra value to our clients include ________________