Posting a meaningful video on your financial website helps to boost the visibility of your firm, but unless there is a strong call to action in the video, it is not worth the effort. Clarify for yourself whatever action you want your website visitors to take, and then communicate it precisely. A common theory is that pushing customers too much will drive them away from your financial website. However, there is nothing wrong in presenting solutions to your potential customers’ problems in the form of products and services you offer on your website.
Call to Action Examples:
- Sign up for our free tele-seminar on this financial planner website NOW!
- Click to visit XX and sign up for more information about our financial organization.
- For a free consultation by our financial firm, fill out the form below.
- Apply for our special financial program. Enter your information below.
- Click the “Buy Now” button on this financial professional website page!
- For further information, watch a second video on our website for now.
- Take the next step!
Call to Action Logistics
The logistics of your call to action in your video vary with the type and location of the video, and with the rules of the site where the website is hosted. Here are some examples:
Text on Video–Tell the viewers of your video what action you want them to take by adding text across the screen in the form of a text message.
Mention in Video–Provide your call to action within the video and tell them what to do next.
Clickable Video–Link your viewers to the desired page of your financial advisor website when they click on the video. It can be done with software and video tools.
Video Descriptions–Try including a call to action for your financial website video within the video description. You need to follow the rules of the hosting site as they outline how you can link your financial website and how promotional your website videos can be.
One last word: The “next step” you want visitors to take should come to them naturally and subtly, so you need to make sure that your video’s call to action meets the needs of your target audience in the best way possible.