Search Engine Optimization campaigns don’t have a particular formula because each one is different. There are various SEO techniques which SEO experts recommend for financial websites. SEO falls under two categories – white hat and black hat. White hat is when you use legit and approved methods to get a good rank for the financial advisor webpage, whereas black hat uses tricks and cheats to fool search engines. Black hat SEO will not work on a long-term basis and your financial webpage will get blacklisted, so we suggest you avoid them.
Has any company offered you the following?
- Unusually high rank for a main keyword of a financial website?
- Automated tools to increase the rank of your financial advisor webpage?
- Hundreds of submissions and backlinks within a short span of time for the financial planner website?
It is your cue to steer clear of this particular firm before your financial website is in trouble for using unfair means.
Black Hat SEO vs. White Hat SEO
Black hat SEO strategies are used by unethical companies. You need to ensure that your web design firm for your financial website is not using black hat SEO techniques because it is you who will suffer in the end. Generally, they are looking to make fast money using unscrupulous ways. They will produce lightning fast results for your financial website, but if your site is banned later on by search engines, they will not take any responsibility.
Has any company guaranteed you 1000 financial website links in only a month? Ask them for concrete proof of this. Since it is an impossible task, they will dodge the issue by stating it is proprietary information, which they can’t show you. They pay some people on the side to comment on blogs and insert the financial website links into them. These comments are viewed as “Spam” and don’t contribute in increasing the rank of your financial planner website in any way. One thousand links in a month sounds great but what happens when search engines identify your financial website as a spam-generating entity? If that happens, your financial professional website will not appear in the rankings, and the financial web design company you used will pack up and disappear, too. Search engines are evolving and they use cutting-edge algorithms these days to assign ranks to financial planner websites.
White hat SEO strategies for financial websites involve using ethical business practices. You are building a brand online through your financial advisor website. It reflects what you stand for. By putting in valuable and relevant content for visitors and prospective customers of your financial advisor website, you can improve ranking and credibility. Yes, it takes time to get a good rank for your financial planner webpage but that doesn’t mean you should use automated tools and dishonest methods.
Legitimate SEO practices of the website for financial professionals include the following:
- Getting relevant and genuine backlinks to the financial website.
- Submitting your financial advisor website in online business directories.
- Designing the financial website in a structured format.
- Ensuring that the content on the website is interesting.
- Writing and posting useful blog posts and articles for the financial webpage and submitting them to directories.
- Using social media for online promotion of your financial planner website.
- Building pages of professional financial content, and providing internal & external links.