If you own a financial advisor firm and want your business website to have a higher ranking in internet searches in your local area, there are some key things you can do to help you with that goal. Using the right strategies can increase the chances that your financial website will be the one potential clients find when they are looking for an advisor in the local area. Here are five tips:
1. Register your financial website with local business directories
- Talk to your local Chamber of Commerce regarding financial website listings; they sometimes provide opportunities that allow you to list your website link on their own website.
- Find the local online Yellow Pages and get your financial webpage listed. Be aware that there may be a small charge. Some examples include www.yellow.com (in Canada: www.yellow.ca) and www.superpages.com (in Canada: www.superpages.ca).
- Find local business directories for your financial website. It’s easy to search for them: just type your location and include the keyword “directory” in the search engine.
2. Use social networking sites to maintain your profile
Having corporate social media accounts can help you to promote your financial webpage and reach out to your audience on a more personal level. You will want to create accounts in LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, which are generally the most successful social media platforms for businesses.
3. Make your financial website easy to find online
As mentioned above, if you are successful, when people look online using relevant keywords, they should come across your financial website, which contains your business name and cities you operate in. Make sure your website incorporates your site’s key words on the top and bottom of each page of the website.
4. Consider using local search directories for your website. Some to look into include:
5. Register your financial website with professional and industry-related directories
You can list the name of your financial website in specialized directories. For example, if you are located in Vancouver, BC, Canada, search for and take at look at these directories:
Financial Advisor Canada Directory
Financial Planning Canada Directory
Financial Advisor BC Canada Directory
Insurance BC Canada Directory
Insurance Vancouver Directory