When uploading photos to your website, you need to reduce the file size of that photo before uploading.
How to do this on a MAC/Apple computer:
1. With the photo file on your desktop, double click to open that photo in “Preview.”
On the “Preview” app menu bar, select the TOOLS and ADJUST SIZE links:
See screenshot here:
2. Notice in this screenshot that your photo is very large (17.24 x 7.08 inches). The resolution is 240.
Change the RESOLUTION box to 72 — this reduces the file size.
3. Notice that once you reduce the resolution number to 72, the file size changes from 2.9MB to 127KB.
HOW TO CHECK YOUR FILE SIZE:
1. On Mac/Apple – with the file closed, right click on your file to see this menu open. Select GET INFO:
2. Notice the SIZE of the file, after resizing, is 762KB: