When you have a fully functioning financial advisor website, you need to anticipate and prepare for risks such as hacking. Preemptive action will help you to prevent future attacks from hackers on your website.
Tips to Secure Your Financial Website:
- To keep the hackers away, you must not create weak passwords. Create a password and username for your website that is secure, preferably using 10 digits and making it unusual.
- Never send usernames and passwords via email.
- Staff and writers should be the only ones who have access to the administration side your website.
- Enable comments on your financial website blogposts only when required. Moderate comments so that you don’t get blacklisted. Also ensure you delete comments for older financial website blogs.
- Talk to your website developer about more systems you can put in place for added security.
- Backup your financial website and its database regularly. There are many plugins that can be used for this purpose.
- Check and update plugins and software of your website monthly (only install plug-ins when necessary). Remove unused themes and plugins when not needed.
Some Last Reminders to Boost Security of Your Website:
- Scan regularly to eliminate virus threats from your financial website.
- Don’t login to your website on public WIFI.
- Visit other financial websites with caution.
- Use a strong and secure password for your home/office network.