- LinkedIn – receives approval from many Compliance departments at broker-dealers and RIAs
- Twitter – often Compliance approved, but requires a constant flow of updates due to heavy volume of traffic;
- Facebook – harder to market without paying for ads
- Google+ – smaller user base than other sites. Posting can help you improve your Google search results.
- Pinterest – image-based content with access to a higher percentage of women customers
- Tumblr – image blogging
- Quora – similar to Answers.com or Yahoo! Answers
Hootsuite offers an integrated media dashboard that includes:
- A single dashboard that allows viewing of compliance and marketing efforts on one screen
- Integrated content monitoring on sources such as Google Alerts, RSS feeds, Twitter searches. Export the data to Excel in order to analyze results.
- Content suggestions based on analysis of your previous posts
- Reports on content that has the most impact on your audience
Hootsuite offers a service called Social Compliance in partnership with Global Relay, a cloud-based message archiving tool for the financial services industry.